Chinese Government Scholarship Program
Xi'an Jiaotong University (hereinafter refers to as “XJTU”) is a top ten university in China with a history of over a hundred years. The University is located in Xi'an, the ancient city, which boasts many famous tourist sites.
XJTU is a key state university that operates under the administration of the Ministry of Education of China, well-known for its highly qualified teaching staff, outstanding students, modern facilities, and its beautiful campus. In order to promote a better understanding and friendship between Chinese and people from other countries, XJTU welcomes international students to apply “Chinese Government Scholarship” for graduate studies.
I. Application Deadline: March, 15, 2016
II. Duration of Program:
Master's degree: 1～3 years,
Doctoral degree: 3～4 years.
Successful candidates may have one-year-long Chinese language study prior to the academic study if the teaching language is Chinese.
III. Scholarship Coverage:
1. A waiver of fee for tuition;
2. Free on-campus dormitory accommodation;
3. Monthly living allowance:
Master's degree students: CNY 3,000 yuan/month;
Doctoral degree students: CNY 3,500 yuan/month;
4. Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Protection Scheme for International Students in China.
1. Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens with valid passports;
2. Applicants must be in good health;
3. Applicants for Master's degree must have a Bachelor's degree and be under 35 years of age,
Applicants for Doctoral degree must have a Master's degree and be under 40 years of age;
4. Applicants may not be in receipt of any other types of scholarship.
Further Information: http://sie.xjtu.edu.cn/en/pages?cid=20&pid=5